Maintenance Tech Wastewater TreatmentAPPLY NOW
Water treatment technicians perform daily monitoring of food plant functions, which includes accessing the daily demands and making appropriate adjustments to meet those demands. Ensures that pumps, conveyors, blowers, chlorinators, vacuum equipment and other wastewater treatment equipment are functioning properly. Monitors equipment for potential failures and may make minor repairs or adjustments as needed. They meticulously execute process sampling to accurately gauge and monitor levels, collects water samples for chemical analysis. Additionally, they work closely with regulators to ensure land application of treated wastewater is compliant.
May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Additionally, Wastewater Treatment Technician typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Wastewater Treatment Technician possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Require 1 year of general work experience.
WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES WILL I HAVE?
• Be accountable for the day-to-day operations of the wastewater treatment
• Execute process sampling to accurately gauge and monitor levels
• Monitor wastewater operations
• Analyze instantaneous and historical data to decide on needed operational adjustments
• Assist operating management in the installation and maintenance of environmental compliance measures
• Assist management in interpreting and applying technical regulatory requirements
• Log all operational data and produce frequent reports
• Troubleshoot process, instrumentation, data and mechanical problems
• Perform basic maintenance, repair and calibration
• Respond to any related emergencies
• Work closely with regulators to ensure land application of treated wastewater is compliant
• Monitor cost control measures for environmental compliance
• Remain up to date on new developments in regulatory changes
• Communicate effectively with plant management regarding all waste treatment
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing maintenance experience required.
- Electrical knowledge up to 3 Phase 480V required.
- Welding skills preferred, but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment and physical demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold and warm temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, sharp knives, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly Local 1546 position.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00AM to 4:00PM, plus overtime. A minimum of 4-hours on Saturdays.
Disclaimer: This description is not intended, and should not be interpreted to be a full list of all responsibilities, requirements and work environment associated with this job. It is intended to reflect the basic job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance and compensation, thus the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.