Who wouldn’t like to have a hand in helping to feed the people in their community? Production Butchers help ensure that all of the products available in your local grocery store’s meat and deli departments are prepared to safety standards. Our commercial production facility will allow you to work with America’s favorite traditional meat, premium Black Angus Beef. You’ll report directly to our production supervisors, helping to manage inventory and prepare daily work items. Your skills in preparing various cuts of meat will come in handy, as will your knowledge of food safety standards. With your help, we can ensure that local restaurants and residents have fresh and safe meat products on their plates.
Applicants will be considered for any general production type opening in any department that may include, but is not limited to:
- Cuts, and trims meat products using a knife and other machinery.
- Operates various production equipment in the processing of meat products which includes packaging, deboning, skinning, and grinding.
- Operates box and lid-making machine.
- Straps, lifts, and stacks processed meat products.
- Performs quality checks on trimmed meat.
- Follows the company’s Good Manufacturing Practice program to produce safe, quality food.
- Performs various other production duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work in Hot areas where the temperature could range between 60°F to 80°F.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Routinely perform a variety of tasks that require manual product handling and the use of hand tools, knives, machinery, and other equipment.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force and repetition; grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, and flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks.
- Continuously stand and walk for the duration of the shift (normally 10-12-hour shifts), sometimes on wet, slippery surfaces.
- Lift, carry lower, push and pull heavy objects or loads that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Reach overhead, bend, and twist, climb ladders, steps, stairwells, and walkways.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold and warm temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, sharp knives, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Must be open to being cross-trained in multiple areas and/or departments.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, including weekends, when scheduled.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
THE PRODUCTION WORKER position is responsible for entry-level non-skilled general labor while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Aurora Packing policies and procedures.
This is a full-time position.
You will work Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, plus additional overtime most Saturdays.
We offer competitive wages and benefits: Starting at 17.40 per hour and the opportunity to earn up to $25.40 per hour depending on your performance, PLUS ample overtime after 30 day learning period, and Union Benefits.
- Employee Referral UP TO $900 Bonus *
Required Education and Experience
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
• Must be 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Previous food production or commercial kitchen experience
• Working knowledge of safety issues such as food-borne illnesses, cross contamination risks and workplace safety standards
• Mechanical skills and experience with industrial-grade food preparation equipment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
APC believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of APC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications, and business needs. APC participates in the E-Verify program.