Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager ensures food safety and product quality meet Company standards, USDA and other regulatory requirements, and customer expectations. The QA Manager provides organizational leadership as a member of the Management Team; develops and implements quality assurance policies and procedures; and acts as a liaison with USDA and regulatory agents and inspectors. The QA Manager is accountable for the performance of the quality department personnel.
· Development, implementation and validation of the Company’s food safety management system and quality manual including GMP, HACCP, SSOP and USDA.
· Department supervision including hiring, developing and mentoring a strong quality team; planning, assigning, and directing work; training and appraising employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Organizing and managing all internal and external quality audits.
· Developing prerequisite programs, e.g. sanitation, pest control, recalls and training.
· Act as first point of contact for all food safety issues, as well as the liaison with governmental and regulatory agents and inspectors.
· Implementation of recall plans
· Promote a healthy, hygienic and safe work environment.
· Develop reports for management, customers, USDA, etc. as needed.
· Ensure effective food safety and food quality training for plant team members and quality assurance staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field required
· HACCP certification required
· Minimum of 5 years Quality Assurance Management experience in the food processing industry
· Must have experience working with USDA – FSIS
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and workflow
· Proficient with business and industry software
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively work with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Self-starter with the ability to adapt to change